Dr. M. Wasim Akhtar earned his Ph.D. degree in Chemical Engineering from Chonbuk National University, South Korea. where he worked on the synthesis of defect-free graphene through shear exfoliation. His current research focuses on the functionalization of graphene and hybridization with different nano-structure. He is working on the enhancement of thermal conductivity of polymer-based nano-composite for Thermal Interface Materials, beside that he is also focusing on photocatalyst for water desalination, biomaterials. His research is published in various Internal and national journals. He is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Metallurgy & Materials Engineering at Mehran University of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro, Pakistan.
1. Mughal, M Moeez, M Wasim Akhtar, M Moazam Baloch, Muddassir Ali Memon, Junaid Ali Syed, and Jong Seok Kim. “Effect of Silanized Sisal Fiber on Thermo-Mechanical Properties of Reinforced Epoxy Composites.” Journal of Composite Materials, (2019): 1-14.
2. Umair Aftab, M.I Abro, Ali Dad Chandio, M. Wasim Akhtar, Shafique Ahmed, “Effect of nano-ceria on physiognomies of Aluminum5%-Zinc Sacrificial Anode”, Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology 37, no. 2 (2018): 351-358
3. Khan, M. Yasir, ALI Dad Chandio, M. Sohail, M. Arsalan, M. Wasim Akhtar, Syed Zeeshan Abbas, and Zeeshan. Akhtar. "Low Temperature Synthesis of Anatase TiO2 Nanoparticles and its Application in Nanocrystalline Thin Films." In Key Engineering Materials, vol. 778, pp. 86-90. Trans Tech Publications, 2018.
4. M. Wasim Akhtar, Y.S. Lee, D.J.Yoo, J.S. Kim, “Alumina-Graphene hybrid Filled Epoxy Composite: Quantitative Validation and Enhanced thermal conductivity”, Composite Part B
5. M. Wasim Akhtar, Y.S. Lee, C.M. Yang, J.S. Kim, “Functionalization of mild oxidized graphene with Ophenylenediamine for highly thermally conductive and thermally stable epoxy composites”, RSC Advances, 6 (2016)
6. M. Wasim Akhtar, C.W. Park, Y.S. Kim, J.S. Kim, Facile Large-Scale Production of Few-Layer Graphene Sheets by Shear Exfoliation in Volatile Solvent, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 15 (2015) 9624- 9629.